Goodbye Cancer


Thank you Cancer 
For the reminder 
Of what not to do 
I didn’t take care of myself 
And you came 
And keep coming back 
To hold me 
With your cells 
With your water 
For me to be held 
Hugged 
Reassured 
Because I felt lonely 
And insecure 
You were with me 
When people left me 
Thank you 
Now I'm here 
By my side 
I'm holding my hand 
And I love myself 
I know I'm able 
To do big things 
And I'm doing them 
So with gratitude 
And appreciation 
For your precious work 
I am taking back 
My position 
Of taking care of myself 
You have done a wonderful job 
You opened my eyes 
To where my life was heading 
To a cliff 
And then, the abyss 
This is the destination 
Of everyone 
Neglecting their needs 
I'm still learning 
I know what not to do 
But still lacking a little 
Know how 
Of being by my side 
Of keeping myself safe 
And living large 
And loud 
And real 
But don't worry 
I'm getting there 
So really, I got this 
Thank you 
I can take it from here 
Making me stronger 
With extra cells and water 
Is not necessary anymore 
Goodbye Cancer 
I will never forget what you taught me 
It made me find my real self 
I will always be thankful for that 
This is the time of farewell 
You have been a wonderful teacher 
And I have graduated 
With distinction 
Peace be with you 
And God bless you 
And now 
I'm here alone 
By myself 
By myself 
It's time to live!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm bald

RHM The solution - the most missing quality of our society

From fear to joy