On becoming Vegan


 Becoming vegan was one of the most natural and easy change in my life. Over the years I have tried many different diets. I did them for a while but I did not feel drastically different and the effects were never really sound. I knew I wanted a way of life and not just a diet for a couple of weeks. Veganism could have been quite obvious as many things pointed to it but you wouldn't know a thing is obvious until you see it if you are me. 😊

Many years ago I saw a documentary about the dairy industry and it was shocking. I learned that cows and their calves are basically suffering all their lives. They never get to spend time together. Cows are made pregnant (obviously without meeting the bull) only to produce meat (calves) and milk of which calves won't get any as that would be a "waste".

I saw this years ago but it was only now as I am becoming more conscious about what I eat and also that I am a breastfeeding mother that I have decided not to consume any more dairy products. I don't want to take any more of the milk of these suffering cows and calves.

Another factor was that a year ago I did this cleansing program that was basically a promotion of some protein powder when I was trying to work with different mlm companies trying to make a living out of it. This was a complete diet based on the protein powder and we were told not to consume certain foods without basically explaining the process. I lost a lot of weight and felt very light. Of course I made a research on the point of the diet but it took me quite a few months to get my results: yes, extra protein is important, yes, I should watch carbs, yes, it's better to avoid over processed foods, but the real difference is the omission of dairy. That's the way for me to feel better.

I see my child how much milk is important for him, and it is an instinct, so it's the same for animals. Me as a baby was only breastfed for a few months as it was normal back then, just like letting babies cry "so that their lungs will be strong" and never kiss their faces "to avoid infections". These things are still painful and it feels good not to participate in the suffering of any small creature. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm bald

RHM The solution - the most missing quality of our society

From fear to joy